I updated my Windows Phone to the Mango Beta a week ago. For a beta it appears to be fairly stable and performance is the same as it was before if not better in some areas. Here’s a few quick thoughts:-
- I was hoping that Mango would fix an issue with You Tube links, they don’t play, when you click on a you tube link from anywhere in the phone. This is a isn’t acceptable, the experience has to be at least the same as iOS or better, hopefully this issue will be address before mango is finished.
- Text to speech just doesn’t work. Hasn’t recognised a single thing I’ve tried saying to the phone, I’m guessing it would work better if I was American.
- The Scanning of Microsoft Tag’s works well and so does the listening to Music detection.
- You can choose which contacts are displayed in your contacts now, which is welcomed.
- Being able to save camera settings is a god send.
- I keep getting notified that there is a App update available and yet when I go and do it there isn’t one. – It’s is beta software after all.
I’ll keep updating this post when I come across anything of interest.