Here in the UK we had a bank holiday yesterday which of course meant we had 3 days off. So I spent some time with the wife over the last few days and decided that I would embark on new project.
Last week I was looking at the plug-ins for Windows Home Server. I came across one which sync your pictures to flickr. Unfortunately it didn’t work that well, it only uploaded the images within the root of the folder you gave to it.
I looked the forums and there seem to be a lot of people requiring this plug in, but the one available was buggy and the developer hadn’t blogged since last year.
So I decided that I would throw something to gather. After around 8 hours approx. I have my application talking to flickr, uploading.
The next big milestone will figuring out how to write an Windows Home Server Addin. So while 60-70% of the application is pretty much done and working, it won’t work with WHS as intended, so time permitting I’m hoping to a full BETA version ready to go in about two weeks.